Dates for your diary
Here are the important dates as we go through the school year:Keystage 2 SATS are 12 to 16 May, Keystage 3 SATS are 06 to 09 May and GCSEs are 14 May to 20 June.
Summer Term Assemblies
- Fri 25 April Whole School Story Telling
- Fri 2 May Nursery
- Fri 9 May Whole School Music
- Fri 16 May Year 5
- Fri 23 May Whole School Art
- Fri 6 June Year 4
- Fri 13 June Year 4
- Fri 13 June Geography & History
- Fri 20 June Year 3
- Fri 27 June Whole School Maths
- Fri 4 July Year 2
- Fri 11 July Whole School Spanish
- Fri 18 July Year 6 Leavers assembly & Prize-Giving
Parents and carers are welcome to attend any Friday assembly, which run from 9.10 9.30am.
- Nursery: Monday & Wednesday
- Reception: Monday & Friday
- Year 1: Thursday & Friday
- Year 2: Thursday (double session)
- Year 3: Thursday & Friday
- Year 4: Thursday (swimming) & Friday
- Year 5: Wednesday & Friday
- Year 6: Wednesday & Thursday (swimming)
Summer Term Dates
- Tues 22 April Year 6 Bike Maintenance
- Wed 23 Fri 25 April Year 5 3 Day Design & technology Workshops
- Wed 23 April Year 4 visit St Augustines Tower (Tudors)
- Thurs 24 April Year 1 start swimming
- Wed 30 April FROGS PTA 7.30
- Fri 16 May FROGS Treasure Hunt Evening
- Mon 19 May Year 2 visit Museum of London
- Wed 21 April Year 6 Kwik Cricket Competition
- W/C Mon 12 May Year 6 SATS Tests
- Thurs 22 May Year 4 visit Science Museum
- Thurs 22 May Swimming Gala
- Fri 23 May Year 6 visit Lords Cricket Ground
- Mon 2 June Ashlyns Organics start school meals
- Wed 4 June Junior Athletics Festival
- Thurs 5 June Year 6 visit Natural History Museum
- Thurs 5 June Reception start Swimming
- Fri 6 June Heat 2 Swimming Gala (TBC)
- Mon 9 June Year 6 Girls Cricket Competition
- Wed 11 June Year 5 Road Safety Drama Session
- Thurs 12 June Year 6 visit London Zoo
- Mon 16 June Swimming Gala Finals (TBC)
- Thurs 19 June Year 6 visit Tate Britain
- Wed 25 June Music Evening 6.30
- Thurs 26 June Year 6 visit Imperial War Museum
- Fri 27 June Summer Fair
- Thurs 3 - Fri 4 July Lake District visit
- Fri 4 July Year 5 Proms In The Park PM
- Tues 8 July Infant Music Festival PM (Y2)
- Wed 9 July Junior Music Festival PM (Y4)
- Thurs 10 July Year 6 visit Kew Gardens
- Thurs 10 July Parents Consultations
- Nursery & Year 4 AM
- Reception & Year 3 PM
- Whole School 3.45 6.30
- Fri 11 July Parent Consultations
- Year 5 & 6 AM
- Year 1 & 2 PM
- Mon 14 July Secondary School Transfer Day
- Tues 15 July Sports Day
- Thurs 17 July Whole School Cinema Trip
- Fri 18 July Year 6 Leavers Assembly & Prize-Giving
National Curriculum testing
Please note there will be 1 more INSET day still to be decided.
- online calendar view
- online calendar subscribe (mac users)
Grasmere Kidz Club
Information for parents and carers
- admission criteria
- what we offer
- breakfast at Grasmere Kidz Club
- after school at Grasmere Kidz Club
- Fees (from September 2006)
- accident and illness
- after school snacks
- The number of places available and the number of five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten and eleven year olds.
- Brothers and sisters of children on roll in the Breakfast and/or After School Club.
- The educational, medical and social needs of the child (including specific cognitive, physical or linguistic needs as well as family circumstances).
Children who come to Grasmere Kidz Club can come for breakfast from 8am every day before school and can stay after school until 6pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Children should be brought to the school hall from 8am and handed over to staff. They will be given cereals, yogurt, toast, fruit and fruit juices or hot drinks for breakfast. Breakfast will only be served until 8.50am. The children will have a chance to chat to their friends, read, play games and do their homework before going to their classrooms.
At the end of school, all children will be collected from their classrooms and taken to the hall/club room. Children's registers will be called and snacks served until activities begin.
Our aims are to offer the children an exciting range of activities with lots of choice, a safe place to play and lots of support from adults.
- Breakfast is £2 each day per child.
After school charges are as follows:
|3.30 - 6pm including activities and snacks||
£7 per day
|Activities with no child care||
£4 per day
|3.30 - 6pm including activities and snacks||
£5 per day
£4 per day
*After school club fees will remain at £7 a day if paid in advance. If you allow the payments to get into arrears then you will be charged at a rate of £8 a day for the first child, £5 a day for the second child and £4 a day for the third child.
N.B. Parents must either stay with their child/ren or take them home if activities start at 4pm or 4:30pm,other wise childcare charges will apply.
Subsidised places/concessions are available on application and will be determined by need/proof. Where more than one child from a family is attending on the same evening concessions will apply for the second or subsequent children as follows
Fees must be paid in advance. Cheques should be made payable to London Borough of Hackney.
Please ensure that we can contact you in case of an emergency and inform us of any changes of address, contact numbers etc. If a child has an accident at Grasmere Kidz Club, our qualified first-aiders will look after them and you will be asked to sign our accident book.
*Parents should enter and exit the school through the school hall, and are not permitted in any classroom unless they have a meeting with the class teacher.
We offer a range of activities after school including:
|Daily play, creative play, expressive play, imaginary play, exploration, stimulation and fun, fun, fun! Children have a choice from a range of games, arts and crafts, free play and tabletop activities.||Street Dance from 3:30-4:30.|
|Beginners Football(Target group yrs rec,1&2)||Girls football (Juniors only)||Basketball/Netball (Juniors only)||Football Advance (Target group yrs 4,5 & 6)|
|Craft work||cooking||Needle work||Art|
|Ict suite Drumming Infant Art||Ict suite Junior Art||Intermediate football (Targeting group Yrs 2,3&4)||Ict suite|
If you have a complaint
- Ring, write or speak to Marcel Campbell, the Kidz Club Coordinator
- If you are not satisfied, ring, write or speak to Mark Derrington
- If you are still not satisfied, write to
Grasmere Kidz Club Trustees, c/o Grasmere Primary School, 92 Albion Road, London N16 9PD.
The trustees will send you a copy of the complaints procedure.