Dates for your diary
assemblies for this term
Parents and carers are welcome to attend any Friday assembly, which run from 9.10 – 9.30am.
- Fri 13 July: Year 2
- Nursery: Monday & Wednesday
- Reception: Monday & Friday
- Year 1: Thursday & Friday
- Year 2: Thursday (double session)
- Year 3: Thursday & Friday
- Year 4: Thursday (swimming) & Friday
- Year 5: Wednesday & Friday
- Year 6: Wednesday & Thursday (swimming)
- 12 September – 8.00pm FROGS AGM
Dates For Your Diaries
- Tues 10 July Year 2 Music Festival Round Chapel (PM)
- Thursday 12 July Sports Day, Clissold Park
- Friday 13 July Year 4 Music Festival Round Chapel (PM)
- Tue 17 July Year 6 Leavers Party 5.30 – 7.00
- Wed 18 July Year 6 Leavers Assembly 09.30
National Curriculum testing
Please note there will be 1 more INSET day still to be decided.
- online calendar view
- online calendar subscribe (mac users)
There was a great performance by the Grasmere players in the Hackney Primary Schools Chess Championship on Sunday at William Patten Primary School.
Grasmere came 2nd in the Hackney Primary School Chess Championship to William Patten Primary School. 10 children from Grasmere took part and every one of them got at least 2 points out of 5.
- Year 6: Henry, Olly, Christopher and Max
- Year 4: Jack, Matty & Gabey
- Year 3: George, Oliver and William
The younger children did particularly well. Oliver Tikare came equal 2nd overall with 4 points, and Jack was Best Year 4 with 3.5.
Chess at Pontins
Grasmere will be sending two teams, an Under 11 and an Under 9, to the weekend chess competition at Pontins on 16th and 17th June. If you are interested in going, please contact Henry on 07870 682442 or [email protected]. We have the Under 11 team, but please get in contact if your child wants to be in the Under 9 (Years 3 or 4) team.
We have been successful in finding another tutor for the Chess Club. Our new tutor George will be starting next week. Because of overwhelming demand we have only 1 space available. Please contact Ian if you would like your child to be involved. Places are open to children from Year 3 and above.
Unfortunately, John Campbell is no longer able to run the Grasmere Chess Club which happens one lunch time a week. Many thanks to John for all his hard work over the last few years and enabling so many children to enjoy great success in the world of chess.
If there are any willing volunteers who would be interested in assisting us please contact Mark or Ian.
John Campbell will be continuing with the Chess Club each Thursday lunchtime until June. We need a volunteer to carry on his good work. Please see Ian if you are able to support.
Recently Grasmere has had a team in the National School Championships