Dates for your diary
Here are the important dates as we go through the school year:Keystage 2 SATS are 12 to 16 May, Keystage 3 SATS are 06 to 09 May and GCSEs are 14 May to 20 June.
assemblies for this term
Fridays in 2008
- Fri 29 Feb: Year 2 – Mother’s Day
- Fri 7 March: Whole School – Science
- Fri 14 March: Year 6 – Easter
- Fri 28 March: Whole School – Religious Education
- Fri 4 April: Reception
Parents and carers are welcome to attend any Friday assembly, which run from 9.10 – 9.30am.
- Nursery: Monday & Wednesday
- Reception: Monday & Friday
- Year 1: Thursday & Friday
- Year 2: Thursday (double session)
- Year 3: Thursday & Friday
- Year 4: Thursday (swimming) & Friday
- Year 5: Wednesday & Friday
- Year 6: Wednesday & Thursday (swimming)
- Fri 29 Feb – FROGS PTA
Spring dates for your diariesSpring Dates For Your Diary 2008
- Wed 27 Feb - Whole School Accordion performance
- Fri 29 Feb - FROGS PTA
- W/C 3 March - Science Week: Focus Environmental Improvement & Eco Experiments
- Thurs 13 & Fri 14 March - Year 2 English Pocket Opera workshops
- Wed 19 March - Year 2 visit to Florence Nightingale Museum
- FRI 21 March - SCHOOL CLOSED BANK HOLIDAY
- Mon 24 March - SCHOOL CLOSED BANK HOLIDAY
- Fri 4 April - Year 1 & 2 performance at Brittan Theatre, Royal School of Music with English Pocket Opera (Parents invited)
National Curriculum testing
Please note there will be 1 more INSET day still to be decided.
- online calendar view
- online calendar subscribe (mac users)
- Wednesday 19t: Year 1 & 4 AM / Year 3 & 5 PM
- Thursday 20th March Nursery & Year 2 AM / Nursery & Year 6 PM
- Thursday 20th March All Classes 3.45 – 6.30
Teachers will be meeting with parents to discuss the social and academic development of pupils and pupil targets for the next term on:
Wednesday 19 March:
- Year 1 & 4 AM
- Year 3 & 5 PM
Thursday 20 March
- Nursery & Year 2 AM
- Nursery & Year 6 PM
- All Classes 3.45 – 6.30
From January 2008 we will be focussing upon a language of the half term in assemblies, classes and displays, learning key words and phrases which children can use regularly. Languages studied will relate to the diversity of the 25 languages spoken within school. Each half term another language will be focussed upon following the same format of words and phrases learned, as well as an understanding of where languages come from and how they have influenced society.
Next half-term’s language will be Makaton which is a system of communication using sign to support speech and graphic symbols to support the written word and is used in over 40 countries.Activities each half term will focus upon:
- First words
- Questions and answers
We will be holding our termly Family Learning afternoon on Thursday 4th October from 1.30 to 3.30pm. Our theme will be Mathematics Problem Solving.
Children will take part in a range of different practical activities developing their mathematics skills, working with different teachers. Parents and carers are welcome to attend to find out more how maths is developed in the school and join in the activities throughout the school.
Children Take part in a weekly lesson supporting Citizenship and Social, Emotional Aspects of Learning, with whole school themes also supported in Monday assemblies. You may like to discuss with your child about what they have learned. Next week’s theme is: New Beginnings.
Children participate in a range of Brain Gym exercises which are designed to help support concentration and re-invigorate children. Each week we revisit or learn a new exercise. You may wish to practice this with your child. Next week’s exercise is Foot Flex which supports Reading Comprehension.