Dates for your diary
Here are the important dates as we go through the school year:Keystage 2 SATS are 12 to 16 May, Keystage 3 SATS are 06 to 09 May and GCSEs are 14 May to 20 June.
Summer Term Assemblies
- Fri 25 April Whole School Story Telling
- Fri 2 May Nursery
- Fri 9 May Whole School Music
- Fri 16 May Year 5
- Fri 23 May Whole School Art
- Fri 6 June Year 4
- Fri 13 June Year 4
- Fri 13 June Geography & History
- Fri 20 June Year 3
- Fri 27 June Whole School Maths
- Fri 4 July Year 2
- Fri 11 July Whole School Spanish
- Fri 18 July Year 6 Leavers assembly & Prize-Giving
Parents and carers are welcome to attend any Friday assembly, which run from 9.10 9.30am.
- Nursery: Monday & Wednesday
- Reception: Monday & Friday
- Year 1: Thursday & Friday
- Year 2: Thursday (double session)
- Year 3: Thursday & Friday
- Year 4: Thursday (swimming) & Friday
- Year 5: Wednesday & Friday
- Year 6: Wednesday & Thursday (swimming)
Summer Term Dates
- Tues 22 April Year 6 Bike Maintenance
- Wed 23 Fri 25 April Year 5 3 Day Design & technology Workshops
- Wed 23 April Year 4 visit St Augustines Tower (Tudors)
- Thurs 24 April Year 1 start swimming
- Wed 30 April FROGS PTA 7.30
- Fri 16 May FROGS Treasure Hunt Evening
- Mon 19 May Year 2 visit Museum of London
- Wed 21 April Year 6 Kwik Cricket Competition
- W/C Mon 12 May Year 6 SATS Tests
- Thurs 22 May Year 4 visit Science Museum
- Thurs 22 May Swimming Gala
- Fri 23 May Year 6 visit Lords Cricket Ground
- Mon 2 June Ashlyns Organics start school meals
- Wed 4 June Junior Athletics Festival
- Thurs 5 June Year 6 visit Natural History Museum
- Thurs 5 June Reception start Swimming
- Fri 6 June Heat 2 Swimming Gala (TBC)
- Mon 9 June Year 6 Girls Cricket Competition
- Wed 11 June Year 5 Road Safety Drama Session
- Thurs 12 June Year 6 visit London Zoo
- Mon 16 June Swimming Gala Finals (TBC)
- Thurs 19 June Year 6 visit Tate Britain
- Wed 25 June Music Evening 6.30
- Thurs 26 June Year 6 visit Imperial War Museum
- Fri 27 June Summer Fair
- Thurs 3 - Fri 4 July Lake District visit
- Fri 4 July Year 5 Proms In The Park PM
- Tues 8 July Infant Music Festival PM (Y2)
- Wed 9 July Junior Music Festival PM (Y4)
- Thurs 10 July Year 6 visit Kew Gardens
- Thurs 10 July Parents Consultations
- Nursery & Year 4 AM
- Reception & Year 3 PM
- Whole School 3.45 6.30
- Fri 11 July Parent Consultations
- Year 5 & 6 AM
- Year 1 & 2 PM
- Mon 14 July Secondary School Transfer Day
- Tues 15 July Sports Day
- Thurs 17 July Whole School Cinema Trip
- Fri 18 July Year 6 Leavers Assembly & Prize-Giving
National Curriculum testing
Please note there will be 1 more INSET day still to be decided.
- online calendar view
- online calendar subscribe (mac users)
We are pleased to announce exciting changes to the school meals provided at Grasmere Primary School. The school has decided to terminate the contract with Sunway Catering, who currently provide school meals. During May Ashlyn Organics will become the school meal providers. Changes will include:
- * Improved quality of ingredients and food produced
- * New menus
- * In depth training for staff creating meals
- * Use of organic and locally sourced fruit, vegetables, meat and dairy products
- * No increase in price of meals
Simon Owen from Ashlyn’s Organics will be coming to the Parents Mile Stone Meeting on 26 March to explain changes. We will shortly be announcing the date of a free taster session for parents and children.
We are positive that you will see a big improvement in the quality of food provided.
Children will be eating their Christmas lunch on Tuesday 18 December. The menu will be as follows: Roast Turkey and trimmings or Roasted vegetable & Cranberry Tart, Roast Potatoes, Roast Parsnips, Baton Carrots, Brussel Sprouts, Christmas Ice Cream or Christmas Pudding.
Children will be eating their Christmas lunch on Tuesday 18th December. Last year virtually all children within the school had a school lunch on that day enjoying the festivities. Again we would positively encourage all children to stay for lunch that day. If your child does not usually have a school lunch but you would like your child to stay that day please speak with Patsy by Thursday 11th December. There will be 3 choices of hot food, including 1 vegetarian main dish.
School dinners continue at the same charge of £1.80 a day (£9.00 a week). Monies should be paid in advance to the school office.
Please find a copy of the menu at the bottom of your child's schoolbag.
Parent and carers are welcome to have a lunch on any day. Please book your lunch with the office by 9.30am.
School Meals News
We are delighted to inform you that we are now cooking on average 30 more meals per day than we did a year ago for pupils. Pupils have been commenting about major improvements on the menu as well as the taste and presentation of the food. Special thanks go to our excellent kitchen staff for all their hard work in leading these changes. Well done to Rhonda, Margaret, Carmen and Breda.
Parents are welcome to have a school lunch on any day. Please book meals by 9.30am with Patsy.